So much has happened with Save Madison Valley since our community meeting regarding the City People's site on April 9th!
What's going on with Save Madison Valley?
- Partnering with architect, urban strategist, and former City Councilmember Peter Steinbrueck
- Working with attorneys David Mann of Gendler & Mann and Jeff Liang of Ling & Liang PLLC
- Registering Save Madison Valley as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with officers and a board
- Reaching out and meeting the developer
- Building our website
- Reaching out to volunteers with expertise in urban planning and architecture
- Attending meetings: Land Use Regulation Committee (LURC), Madison Valley Merchants Association, Madison Valley Community Council
- Leafleting and communicating with Madison Valley residents
- Talking to local business owners in Madison Valley and Madison Park
- Reading the meeting minutes of the Seattle Department of Inspections and Construction and the letters submitted by concerned residents of Madison Valley
- Preparing letters to the Department of Planning & Development, City Light, and the Department of Transportation
- Volunteering at the April 30th Madison Valley Spring Clean