The city is requesting your feedback about the proposed development on the current City People's site.
We’ve seen the latest design from the architect for the City People’s property. While some improvements have been made, much of the feedback from the community has not yet been incorporated:
- The height, bulk and scale of the building are still too big.
- The setbacks are too small to grow full-sized trees to maturity.
- The building is over 70 feet tall on Dewey (zoned 40') and is out-of-character with the neighborhood.
- No exceptional trees are saved.
- There is still a blank wall on Republican.
- Please add a community space on Madison, as the public has repeatedly asked for.
- The garage entrance on Dewey will ruin the pedestrian-friendly character of Dewey and the surrounding streets.
HOW YOU CAN HELP: Please take a few minutes to write a letter to the Design Review Board by clicking below:
The above link will open an email to the city referencing project number 3020338. Feel free to write your own letter, or to submit this example letter written by Save Madison Valley.
JOIN US IN PERSON: The large community turnout for the previous two meetings with the city have shown the board how important this project is to Madison Valley. Let’s show the city, the developer and the architect that we are invested in seeing our neighborhood grow in a way that that preserves and enhances its livability and vitality.
We'll see you at EDG #3 on the 25th!
Wednesday, January 25th at 8:00pm
Seattle University: Pigott Auditorium
901 12th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122